Writer's Block.
Wow, so only my third consecutive day blogging and I’m already facing a severe case of writer’s block. For those of you idiots that don’t know what that is, “Writer's block is a condition, associated with writing as a profession, in which an author loses the ability to produce new work. The condition varies widely in intensity. It can be trivial, a temporary difficulty in dealing with the task at hand. At the other extreme, some "blocked" writers have been unable to work for years on end, and some have even abandoned their careers. It can manifest as the affected writer viewing their work as inferior or unsuitable, when in fact it could be the opposite.”
Uhh yeah, I’m HOPING it’s not the “rest of their life” kind cause I have a hefty English essay due next week. And a whole career ahead of me. But I really can’t *think* right now. I made myself a cup of hot chocolate, and I actually opened a blank MS file, ready to pour my heart out and just write, but I just can’t. Anyways, I’ll use this excuse no more than once a month? :) Although, I still feel like a fail for using it too soon. It’s been a long day, good night everyone!


1 Comments:
Same here. Don't worry, it's not like 'rest of the life'. :) I think every author needs moments like this, (writer's block) to understand how much they love writing. I didn't understand what I wrote but... just FYI, I don't think you'll live a writer's block forever. :}
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home